Inspire your students to become active and informed citizens with HMH Election Connection!
Houghton Mifflin Harcourt™ brings you a dynamic new online resource to engage and inform your social studies students. HMH® Election Connection provides you with a comprehensive, one-stop information hub so that you can:
- Provide current, balanced coverage of the 2020 Election and responsible content appropriate for Grades 6-12
- Engage students with innovative digital resources including HISTORY® videos, WebQuests, study guides, readers, and comprehensive primary source selections.
- Extend instruction with quality resources available through HMH partnerships with HISTORY and Center for Civic Education.
HMH Election Connection Content Includes:
- Historic Election Coverage: Key Information to help students understand the electoral process and elections of the past is provided from HISTORY, Center for Civic Education, primary sources, historical readers, and lesson ideas.
- Student Engagement Opportunities: Students will become engaged and excited about the election process with games, lesson plans, mock elections, projects for citizenship, and other resources designed to encourage civic engagement and active participation in the electoral process.
- Skill Development Opportunities: To encourage students to see both sides of an issue, develop vital social studies skills, and become informed citizens, students will have access to engaging content and activities including WebQuests, media literacy activities, and skill builder activities.
HISTORY® and related logos are the property of A&E Television Networks (AETN). Houghton Mifflin Harcourt™ and HMH® are trademarks or registered trademarks of Houghton Mifflin Harcourt.